POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : realistic rendering in pov : Re: realistic rendering in pov Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: realistic rendering in pov
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 25 Jun 2000 01:06:40
Message: <39559360@news.povray.org>
Perhaps one of the most smooth renderings I've seen.
I can't believe a 85 hour render time with a 733MHz cpu, incredible just for
this one object.  Not a good commercial for the notebook (slower than
desktops/towers anyway) computer I have in mind.
I really don't understand you thinking this lacks photorealism so I can't
point anything out myself.
The web page tutorials I've seen are usually about getting the basics learned,
not photorealism.  There's even the 3 light rule type stuff but I don't think
of that as having to do with such a thing.

Bob